Sunday 10 January 2016

Netiquette rules

I am not the person that spends hours chatting online, as I prefer live talking. But advanced technologies give the opportunity to expand your horizons, find answers to questions, meet new people, learn new information and much more.So, why am I still waiting for somebody to make a first step instead of me?
Well, this piece of writing is my attempt to start moving forward. Have you ever found yourself eager to reply to the post you'd just read? I have. Did I reply? No. Why? Because once you start writing you see that your words don't come as easy as thoughts. And the sentences don't look witty or don't express what you really mean. But why do other posts(but not all) look perfect? I want me posts be good, not bad. First, you spend 30 minutes to write 1 sentence, and, nevertheless, you don't like it. And you think of giving up.
Due to the programme of British Council online course I must respond to forums, add entries to my blog(I didn't think I would do that!) and participate in online meetings!
I see myself as a kind and polite person, so I didn't really think about Netiquette rules. I was wrong - they are worth paying attention to. You still can express yourself quite clear, but may not understand other people correctly or respond properly to what you read. I think that Don'ts are even more important than Dos.
Here is the list of rules I found useful and important:
  1. Don't spam!
  2. DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS(it means you are shouting)!
  3. Help keep "flame wars" under control!
  4. Rememeber - what you post online stays online forever!
  5. Remember the human.
  6. Reply quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment